Monday 16 April 2012

My Interesting day!

I was sick of staying in all day so I decided a day trip was in order.

Me and my boyfriend caught the bus to Camden town, I thought he needed to see more of London and Camden is a cultural place..I think.

Having fun in Camden


We browsed and I decided to get my upper ear pierced. Went into a shop called 'cold steel' they were actually really friendly, I got it done right there and then, hardly any pain at all, so shocked at this. I think it looks nice and feminine, rather than a ton of piercings on one ear. 

My new piercing

We browsed some more and we found numerous food stalls which I wish we had stopped at, but when we arrived in Camden we were so starving subway was the only option...

Anyway, as we walked out of the market someone asked the way out, we could not understand a word he said, I thought he was foreign, but when I listened closely he was actually just Scottish!
As we came out of the market onto the street we looked across the road, looked again...

There walking across the street was a man with a full sized cardboard box on his head with a flap cut out for his eyes. Also this box had multiple drawings on it, I think he thought he was going to be attacked any second.
A guy approach us and in passing said: " A live in a box" we both laughed very hard.
Then the Scottish guy reappeared and said he loved Camden, and there is some strange people around, we nodded,laughed and moved on.

Got back on the bus and went home, then decided to go to Nando's for tea at about 6.30, everyone on facebook and friends have said this place is amazing, so I thought a trip was in order.
It was okay, we got a meal platter which was a whole chicken with spicy sauce and chips. I think all the hype just made me disappointed in what happened. It's more of a group place to go than a couple place, a party might be nice there.

My boyfriend @ Nando's

We went to see The Hunger games after, again everyone had raved about this saying its similar to battle royale, after the film I was kind of speechless. The ending was rubbish, explained nothing that had happened in the film. The people you wanted to win, won. Yes, people died, a young girl died half way through that was very emotional. There was a slight uprising about this, but the 'bad guys' stayed in power. The film was well put together but the story was slightly disturbing and messed up.  Not my kind of film:

I'm waiting for two films to come out at the moment; Snow white and the huntsman & The avengers  
Now those films are worth waiting for!

Strange and eventful day, I do hope more days are like this, but that's life.

Be sure to stay tuned for more London fun !   

No comments:

Post a Comment